Saturday, April 22, 2017

Sweet Driving Songs Ep.2: Cypress Hill's "When The Shit Goes Down"

A few years back, I didn't listen at all to Cypress Hill. It was probably B-Real's annoying voice that kept me disinterested. Bare with me for a sec, though. After scrutinizing DJ Muggs' funky-ass beats, overflowing with booming bass, crazy sound effects and mint sampling, you have to plainly appreciate his mastery. Hell, he's even sampled Jimi Hendrix's "Are you experienced" in the legendary song "How I could just kill a man"! The next step is falling in love B-Real's brat-like voice. The way he fades away at the end of verses, being like "Homeboyyy" or "Throw your set in the aiiiiir" is just addicting. Add to that the flowing and sometimes ecstatically violent rhymes, combined with his SoCal latino accent and you get quality music to bounce to. Now I can't stop listening to Cypress Hill and their songs never get boring. Lend me your ears!  

No comments:

Post a Comment